Company: EarthEnable Uganda
Reports to: Jinja District Manager
Location: Jinja District, Uganda
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Who We Are
At EarthEnable, we believe that our clients deserve our very best, that morning high-fives are the best way to start the day, and that the best ideas could come from any part of the company. We celebrate each other’s wins, learn from our setbacks, and are deeply proud of the impact we make every day. We believe that a clean, dustfree floor means more than living in a healthy home. It means pride and dignity in the place our customers most treasure: their homes. Being a part of our team means more than building floors: it means building an organization and building a better future for rural families.
What We Do
EarthEnable is transforming the way people live, by making homes healthier for families across rural Rwanda and Uganda. 70% of Ugandans and 80% of Rwandans live in homes with dirt floors which are dusty, unsanitary, and fertile breeding grounds for parasites and germs. While replacing a dirt floor with concrete has significant health benefits (e.g. reducing diarrhea by 50% and parasitic infections by 80%), concrete is unaffordable for many who need it.
EarthEnable addresses this pressing and ubiquitous problem by selling high-quality, earthen floors that are 80% cheaper than concrete with 90% less embedded energy. Earthen floors are already prevalent in modern homes in the United States and are composed of natural materials (gravel, clay, sand, and laterite). EarthEnable trains and hires local masons to install the floors which are sealed using a proprietary drying oil that makes them waterproof, strong, and polished.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Sales Executive to join our sales and marketing team in Jinja District. This person will be trained to do direct sales, create marketing events, and make strategic decisions on sub-counties to expand to. As a representative of the sales team, he or she will also be responsible for seeing customers through their entire EarthEnable experience, from the time they first hear about EarthEnable to when their floor is finished. The Sales Executive will work closely with the district manager, as well as the district customer experience associate.
The responsibilities of this role will include, but certainly not be limited to:
- Recruiting and vetting sales representatives and sales Leaders from the local community
- Conducting sales representative trainings for new reps, and review trainings for experienced reps
- Managing the sales rep team towards ambitious contract and construction targets
- Terminating and promoting sales representatives on a monthly basis based on performance
- Arranging and conducting marketing events in the local area
- Doing marketing at local meetings such as cooperative meetings and village meetings
- Tracking sales representatives in Salesforce, and working with the customer experience coordinator to ensure that contracts and payments are recorded in Salesforce
- Using data and reports from Salesforce to guide sales representatives towards the most productive areas of sale and activities
- Coordinate with operations and customer experience to ensure that customers move smoothly from sales to operations when they are ready to pay their first installment
- Working with the headquarters sales strategy team on projects as needed
- At least 6 months of sales experience
- Completed A levels
- Clear and strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and natural ability to skill product
- Intermediate to expert computer skills including strong knowledge of MS Office
- Flexible and adaptable; equally comfortable in a rural village building a floor, at an office training staff, and in the offices of local leaders.
- Ability to work on and keep track of a variety of tasks at the same time; excellent time management skills
- Ability to work highly independently
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Honest and responsible
- Fluent in Lusoga and English
- Motorcycle license is preferred
Apply online at http://www.earthenable.org/applynow-3/ . In your cover letter, please state what excites you most about this role, and what you think will be most challenging about it.